Sunday 11 December 2016

11 Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - Wisdom Pills


11 Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - Wisdom Pills


I remember my first encounter with Dr. Seuss’ books. We had just moved in from Venezuela, I was in the second grade, and my dad and I would have reading sessions with The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and Are You My Mother? (Amongst many others.) This last one wasn’t written by Dr. Seuss, though, and yet it feels so much like him. This is because they’re all ‘Beginner Books’, and that’s the amazing legacy that Theodore Seuss Geisel left us.

Along with Phyllis Cerf, he co-founded this Random House imprint, so that young children could feel encouraged to read and be engaged in their reading (and I can personally certify that it works). 
 
I wanted to make this list in the most organic way possible, so I went through all of the books written by Dr. Seuss, in order to extract his very best quotes, the ones that, in my opinion, are still relevant during adulthood. And so, during my trip to Seuss Land, not only did I find myself enjoying the reading once again, but I also relearned these very important life lessons:

1) “Think left and think right, and think low and think high. Oh, the Thinks you can think up if only you try!”.........




My name is Cristabelle García, and I’m a 27-year-old storyteller who is deeply passionate about all the things that make us human. I’m originally from Venezuela, where I got my BA in Mass Communication -with a specialization in Audiovisual Arts-, and I currently live in Palo Alto, California, where I’m pursuing a career as a writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mudita - An Alternative to Envy

Mudita When we are scrolling through Facebook or Instagram we often feel envy looking at other people’s success or golden mome...